Follow Me!

Wednesday, 16 September 2015

DIY Facial Scrub - Oily Skin

Hey guys!

Here is something a bit different to makeup, which is what I normally post about and is about skincare. Just quickly before I start, I did actually find out about this on someone's blog but I CAN'T remember who!! So if this is your advice and you are reading it, firstly I'm sorry for kind of stealing but secondly, thank you so much!!

I say this in every post I swear but I have such oily and spot prone skin. Even with a good skin care routine, and a prescription gel to put on every night, break outs are a very regular occurrence on my face. When I read about this DIY scrub I thought to myself why the f not about trying it. I doubted that it could make anything worse. Also this was like a week before my birthday and I was suffering a break out and was panicking! I could not have bad skin for my birthday, so gave it a go.



What you will need:

A tablespoon of granulated sugar
A tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda
A splash of tap water
Something to mix in - I used a shot glass, classy I know
Something to mix with - I used a cotton bud because it was small

All you need to do is mix it together and apply to your face as you would with any other scrub. And do not forget, once you've washed it off, splash your face with cold water to close those pores!!!

I did this twice daily and I'm not even joking when I said it made my face almost dry! I didn't think that was possible!! I started only doing it once after that to balance it out and it really does work! I think I had only the one spot on my birthday, but could easily conceal that. I really would recommend this as it's so easy and works wonders!

Thank you for reading!

Yours Truly, Kate x

4 comments:

  1. I have oily skin so I loved seeing this recipe. How long have you been using it, and what kind of changes have you seen on your skin?

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing it for about two weeks now. Admittedly this week I've been not as regimental with it as I don't have anything going on where I want my skin to be clear but in the first week I definitely found when doing it once/twice a day the oil pretty much stopped xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds great, I love to make my own rather than buy!
    My skin gets more oily in the winter so I'll definitely give this a go :)

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete